Partners

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10 Days!!!!!!!!!

Well we've only got 10 days to go until we leave for the Congo. We are getting really excited about this trip and what God is going to do through us while we are there. But before we go I have one personnel prayer request. The devil has really began attacking us, he really doesn't want us to go. I am flat out with back problems. These problems started again two weeks ago. At times I can be stubborn and pigheaded which is why I am off work until the beginning of next week. I kept working and trying to push through the pain. Through this time I've been questioning God as to why I am not seeing healing for my back. After I went to the doctor yesterday I realized the Lord had been trying to get something across to me for the last couple of weeks, but I did not listen. I realize now what it is He was saying. I took it upon myself to push through the pain so I could continue to provide for my family, forgetting who my provider is. The Lord made it clear yesterday that I need to slow down, rest and leave the providing up to Him. He needs me to be effective in Africa which means I need to be able to walk!!!! The awesome thing is that my manager at work is supportive of all I am doing (he is not a believer) and to wants me to be healthy for this trip. He has made it possible for me to take the time to rest from work and still be covered financially for the days missed. I thank God for this!!!!! Pray that my back will heal and that I would be ready to go by the beginning of next week. Pray for the group as we prepare to leave in ten days.

No comments: