Partners

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Quick Study "365 Days Later. . ."

It was one year ago today when satan thought he had me completely defeated. I had vowed a couple days earlier that I was done with alcohol. I chose to drink a few which turned into a lot. Then things began to change. I turned on the t.v. and began watching a Benny Hinn crusade in Brazil. I was captivated with the miracles which were happening. Even though I was intoxicated to the point where I could not even stand, I was able to pay attention to what was happening. At the end of the show Benny asked those who needed prayer to extend their hands to the t.v. and pray with him. I did this and received my deliverance, my miracle. After he prayed, he said, "Someone has just been delivered from alcohol." That will stay with me forever. Now one year later, I will be watching Benny Hinn again this evening, in a completely different frame of mind. I now know the truth, and that God is a good God who wants to bless those who are faithful and obedient to His word. 365 days later and I continue to live and thrive in the spirit. The life I've lived in the flesh is gone. "AND BY HIS STRIPES, WE ARE HEALED."

Scripture Reading Isaiah 53:4-5, Galatians 5:16-21

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for choosing life and not death.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Joel, what a great testimony of God's faithfulnes when you cried out to him in your despair. He was waiting for you and He met you right where you were at.We give God the glory for what He has done!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Joel forgot to sign my name. Love and prayers, Auntie Hilda

Anonymous said...

Joel,
I had not read this until Hilda asked me and I have to respond. Miracles are a gift of God. Your life has been a miracle for 365 days. You, Joel are a gift from God.
" Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord" Psalm 150...

Anonymous said...

I also forgot to sign my name,but you probably guessed it already it.
Love and Prayers,
Auntie Bertha
PS I think you have inherited your Mom's gift of indepth writing. Praise the Lord. You both got it from God.

Anonymous said...

Bless ou Joel. We love you, and thank God daily for answered prayer. love mom and dad