Partners

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Quick Study "Fatigue"

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Jeremiah 31:25

What an awesome promise! We all have days when we battle with fatigue. Whether it is caused by our busy schedules, work, or attacks of satan (sickness and disease), we can trust in the Lord. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
I've experienced times of fatigue in my life. Recently I was in the hospital for three days. I knew if I asked the Lord to heal me, he would. I also knew at that time that part of his will for my healing was to spend time in the hospital where I could get rest. He knew as well as I did that if I didn't go to the hospital, I would have continued to push myself. I would have never got any rest at home.
There are two important lessons that we can take from this study. The first being the promise that the Lord will refresh and satisfy the weary and faint. The second lesson we need to take from this study is to always put God first. If you are struggling with fatigue, take it to the Lord and let Him direct you. God knows what is best for you; so let Him work and take care of you.

Scripture Reading Matthew 11:28-29, Ezekiel 34:16, 2 Corinthians 12:9, Isaiah 40:29-30, Psalm 55:22

No comments: