Partners

Friday, January 12, 2007

Quick Study "If We Love Him"

I was thinking about what it is to love someone. When you love someone, you will honor and respect that person. Even when they make a mistake, we look beyond that. We never want to let them down. So why do we say that we love God but yet continue to sin and not honor His commandments? Especially when the number one commandment is to love Him. In John 14:15 Jesus tells us that if we love Him, we will keep His commandments. This really got me thinking. I love the Father more than anything else, but if I break a commandment I feel like I've betrayed Him. Thankfully He has given us a out, a way to ask forgiveness for our sins (1 John 1:9). With that being said, I had a vision that really opened my eyes. I saw myself at the foot of the cross thanking the Lord for what He had done. The other vision I had was me as a sinner, holding a hammer and driving in the nail. Don't be one who holds the hammer. Get your life right with the Lord, and begin thanking and praising Him for what He did.

Scripture Reading John 14:15, 1 John 1:9

No comments: