Partners

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Quick Study "Holiness In Family Life"

We read in Colossians 3:18-21 about the holiness in family life. Over the last year and a half, I've had to completely change how I operate in my family. I had to change the relationship with my wife and with my two girls. I realized that I have a very important role as a husband. First of all, I am to love my wife, always. The same goes for her love towards me. This can be really tough, especially when you begin to wear on each others nerves. Jesus, even though He was never married, went through this everyday. There were constantly people who were getting on His nerves, yet He continued to love them. Not only should this love be displayed between husbands and wives, this love needs to be displayed to their children. We need to love our children, not anger them. We need to display our love and affection towards them at all times. When it comes time to discipline them, we need to do this in love. So what is the most effective way to love our spouses and our children? Ephesians 5:1-2 says, "Therefore, be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma." If we are walking in love, our spouses will be loved. This is just a thought, but let's think about it for a few minutes. Children will always imitate their parents, so if we imitate God, our children will begin to imitate God through us. For me this is really exciting!!!! So remember this, as you develop your love walk, don't forget to include those who are closest to you, and keep the holiness in your family life.

Scripture Reading Colossians 3:18-21

No comments: