Partners

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Quick Study "I Am Not Ashamed Of The Gospel"

I used to be the type of Christian who was passionate about the gospel in church. When I was in public, I was embarrassed if anyone even mentioned the gospel. Guess what? There are church's filled with these people. On Sunday they praise and worship the Father, yet during the week they try and keep their faith on the down low so no one will label them a church person. Your ministry will be ineffective if you go through life this way. No where in the word does it say that we should be ashamed of the gospel and cower from doing the works of the ministry. I have found over the last year or so that most people who want to know about the gospel (or know more about the gospel), will come and ask you questions. So how are they going to be able to ask you about the gospel if your hiding the light of Jesus? We has believers need to have the light of Jesus shining through us. This in itself will be a testimony to the unsaved. I used to be one of those people when asked about my faith I would try and change the topic. Now, if someone would ask me the same questions, I would be confident in sharing with them the truth and promise that is found in Jesus Christ. This is the purpose of the church. We live in a free country!! We don't need to sneak into church once a week to secretly praise the Lord. We need to be in church so that we can be taught; discipled in the ways of the Lord. Our ministry is not going to be very effective if we don't bring others into the body of Christ. I mean, what good is a church if we are not bringing others in? I challenge you today to stop sneaking in and out of church once a week. We have been given the gospel so that we can spread the gospel. Let the light of Jesus radiate through you and bring others to know what an awesome relationship they can have with the Father. Last but not least, do not be ashamed of the gospel. If you are ashamed of the gospel, you are ashamed of the Father.

Scripture Reading Romans 1:15-17

No comments: