Partners

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Quick Study "The Well Rested Christian"

For the record, this is not a study about death!!!! Today's study is on sleep, and our habits when we sleep. When we sleep, we are giving our bodies the desired rest it needs to get through another day. So my question for you is does your mind shutdown when your body shuts down? Are you the type of person who lies down, closes their eyes, and drifts off to la la land? Or are you the type of person who lies down and lets fear and worry overtake your mind which interferes with the rest your body needs? I truly believe that satan has a certain time of the day when he can drill you with worry, doubt, and fear. For years I didn't sleep properly because of what my mind was dwelling on. My mind never shut off!!!! I mean it makes sense, right? If the devil can get in your head and cause you lack of rest, you will go through the next day without any joy and you will be down right miserable. I've got great news for those who have this problem. Knowing that God is peace, that God is your protector, you can lie down and sleep in safety. Safe from the attacks of satan on your mind. God wants you to be joyful and thankful for everyday of your life. To make this an effective way to go through life, you need to be focused on God and have proper rest!!!!! It has always taken a long time fo me to fall asleep. Now instead of dwelling on doubt, fear, and worry, I focus on what God has planned for this ministry and I let Him paint a picture in my mind of all the great things to come. When you go to bed, come before God and ask Him to renew your mind, and tell that stupid devil that he has no authority in your life. Last but not least, remember this, an effective Christian is a well rested Christian!!!!

Scripture Reading Psalm 4

No comments: