Partners

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Convicting Power Of The Holy Spirit. . .

Do you know someone who just doesn't seem to get it? I mean you try and share the truth of the gospel with them and they just won't listen. After the Ascension of Jesus, the Holy Spirit entered this world (Acts 2). Jesus told His disciples that He would send the Holy Spirit to continue to guide us and lead us. So back to the person who just does not listen, we need to pray for these people. We need to ask the Holy Spirit to convict these people. For example, some may say that the Lord had to take me to that place, He had to bring me to my knees. I believe that the Holy Spirit was able to convict me, and begin softening my heart. This is why it is so important for us not to give up on people. We need to continue to pray for them; we need to call on the Holy Spirit to convict their hearts. I don't believe that the Holy Spirit can change you, unless given the command!!! This command being the prayers directed at this person's life. I hope this makes sense!!!! So remember this, don't give up on anyone. Continue to pray for them, and let the Holy Spirit convict their hearts.

Scripture Reading John 16:8-15

No comments: