Partners

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Demons and Demonic Possession. . .

Over the last week I've been trying to get myself organized and keep my blog up to date. Obviously this isn't working, so I've decided to post daily studies based on my personal studies. I love to write when I study, so I figured this would be a good way to share the revelation the Lord has given me. So here we go. . .

Since I began my job, I have developed a relationship with a couple of developmentally handicapped guys. These guys really have no control over their lives. These are guys who suffer from scary attacks such as seizures. As I observe and study the behavior of these guys, I truly believe that there is demonic possession involved with the situation these guys are in. With this being in mind, I went to the Lord and asked for direction on this subject. You know what I love about the Lord? He answers and He directs!!!! As I began to read and study the word, things really began to jump out at me. In the the New American Standard Bible, demonic attacks are described as "one who is being seized." First thing that came to mind was "seizures". Just an example of what I have discovered in the word (I will touch on this more in the coming days.) Let's face it, there are demons in this world. God is good, and all things that come from God are good. This world is full of evil; evil which is being spread by demonic spirits. We have been given the authority; the authority to cast out these demons. We need to tell the devil and his buddies where to go. We can do this. . .in the name of Jesus!!!!

Scripture Reading Luke 9:46-50

No comments: