Partners

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Quick Study "Keeping Your Way Pure"

Have you ever had one of those days when the attacks of satan have been so intense it completely sucks the joy out of you? I've had a lot of days like this. So what do you do to get that joy back? We need to be in the Word as much as possible. On days like these where the joy has been taken, you need to get into the Word as soon as possible. The Word of God cleanses us. It pushes out the garbage that is in our head and fills it will truth and joy. I guess you could say that we become brainwashed by the Word of God. Out with the old, in with the new!!!! I write these Quick Studies on a daily basis. It is the first thing I do when I get home from work. It doesn't matter if I've had a good day or a bad day, I have disciplined myself to get into the word as soon as I get home. Regardless of how tired or frustrated I may be some days, the time I spend in the Word between 3:30 and 4:00 brings the joy back. We gain more than just knowledge from the Word; we also gain happiness and joy when we are in the Word. My challenge for you is to begin reading right after you get home from work. Whether you spend five minutes or half an hour in the word, I guarantee it will help you forget about your day. It will restore your joy and your energy levels. The Bible is more than just a book, it's our way of life.

Scripture Reading Psalms 119:9-16

No comments: