Partners

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Quick Study "The Way Of The Lord"

When we hear the word stronghold, we often think of something such as addiction. Something that has complete control of you. This is how I felt when I struggled with the stronghold of drinking and smoking. I always felt that it had a hold of me. After years of abuse, I realized that I was not a stronghold for the addiction, but that the addiction was a stronghold for me. It was my choice to accept that stronghold, and it was my choice to release that stronghold. I chose to release the stronghold of alcohol and tobacco. I chose to use this stuff, it was my choice to walk away. This was when I made God my stronghold. This was when I decided to follow the way of the Lord. I made the Lord my stronghold; it was my choice. God does not need us as strongholds, we need Him as our only stronghold. We are the righteous and the upright; the way of the Lord is our stronghold!!!!

Scripture Reading Proverbs 10 (Key verse 10:29)

No comments: