Partners

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mary Magdalene. . .

Our scripture today is found in Mark 16:9. This is a simple passage which tells us that Jesus cast out seven demons from Mary Magdalene. Before I move any further, I want to make sure that you all know that my opinion is my opinion, not yours. Today's study is based on revelation I believe I received from the Father. Anyways, back to the study!!!

This is a short piece of scripture which simply talks about demon possession. . .in this case "multiple demon possession." What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you read this passage? The first thing I thought of was the disorder known as "mutiple personalities." In an earlier study we talked about the fact that demon possession is not a disease (Mark 1:32). I believe they can cause disease but they themselves are not a disease. So it got me thinking, demons are beings with personalities. After I thought about this for a while, I thought of Mary Magdalene. Seven demons, seven personalities. . .multiple personalities? I look back at yesterdays study about the man in the synagogue and how the demon spoke through him. That's what got me thinking about multiple demons speaking through someone. Multiple demons controlling one's life. Like I said earlier, these are my thoughts and opinions on the subject. Regardless, one demon or seven, we have the authority to cast these demons out. If you disagree with me, READ THE WORD!!!!

No comments: